Small business owners often tell me they can’t find the time to send email newsletters. Fortunately creating a schedule is a great way to save time, make sure you don’t miss sales opportunities, and build relationships with your clients and potential clients. Here are 5 tips for scheduling email marketing newsletter:
- When considering how often to send your newsletters, pick a schedule that is comfortable to you. Consider sending one a month – twice a month max. This will not only help you consistently send email newsletters, but more importantly your customers will begin expecting them from you.
- Don’t be too aggressive with your schedule. Your clients and potential clients don’t need to hear from you every day. In fact, they may get irritated if you email them too frequently.
- Create an ANNUAL MARKETING CALENDAR and include other marketing activities that you have going on including speaking events, special offers, open house events, holiday parties, etc. These are easy sources of filler content and information that your recipients are interested in. By merging your calendar with your other activities, you can make it much easier to write the content and have something interesting to talk about.
- Don’t re-invent the wheel for email, take the same content you are publishing on your website/blog, and your Facebook page and plug it in!
- Don’t send email newsletters with dull or uninteresting content. Just because you’re on a schedule doesn’t mean you have to send an email. It’s better to skip it or adjust the schedule as opposed to turning your customers off with a sloppy newsletter.
Most email marketing services give you the ability to send an email automatically at a scheduled time and date. This way you don’t have to do everything in the last minute and you know your campaign will go out at the exact time you expect!
If you have questions about scheduling email newsletters please don’t hesitate to contact me.