Do you ever wonder if you are including everything you should in your blog posts?
To maximize the effectiveness of your posts make sure you include most, if not all, of the following:
- Write a paragraph or two on a topic that is of interest to your site visitors.
- Where appropriate include the keywords you are targeting on your site.
- Include a photo that is relevant to the topic and also eye-catching.
- Tag your photo with your target key words. This is easy to do in WordPress in the “edit image” customization box.
- Write a catchy, but also specific title for your post.
- Link to related posts and pages within your site.
- Link to websites related to your post.
- Don’t forget to include a killer “call to action”. (aka: asking for the sale)
- Pick appropriate post category and tags.
- Push your blog post out to your email distribution list, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.