WordPress is the most popular content management system in use today.
WordPress powers 25%1 of the web and is highly favored by SEO consultants. Everything from simple websites, to blogs, to complex portals and enterprise websites, and even applications, are built with WordPress.
Here is a short list of businesses and government agencies using WordPress: Sony Music, Dallas Mavs, CNN, Dow Jones, the New York Times, People magazine, Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal, the CIA, DEA, FBI, NSA, not to mention the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy and the Marine Corps.
Benefits of WordPress:
- SEO – WordPress is optimized “out of the box” for easily publishing and changing content.
- Fresh, unique content is essential for getting good search engine rankings. A static website which is rarely updated will quickly be ignored by Google and the other search engines, but by regularly adding new content (pages, posts, photos and announcements), your ranking will rise naturally in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
- CMS – WordPress acts as an efficient and powerful content management system (CMS).
- Use WordPress for storing images, audio, video, PDFs and other content for easy insertion into your pages.
- Interactive – WordPress encourages interaction and engagement between you and your potential customers.
- Site visitors can easily connect with you by leaving comments on individual entries, filling out forms, taking online surveys, or downloading materials you have posted for them. Plus, it integrates elegantly with Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Yelp, Foursquare and other social media outlets.
- Scalable – Its scalable model can be used to build a simple brochure-style website, a discussion blog, an ecommerce site, or even a multi-level membership site.
- WordPress will grow with you as your business grows.
- Ease of Use – WordPress is a “Do-It-Yourself”, easy to use, WYSIWYG software that is installed on your web server.
- To create or edit content, just log into the site from a web browser and access the back-end admin panel. From there you can do everything from changing the layout of the site, adding new static pages, adding articles (aka blog posts), changing themes (similar to templates or “skins”), editing comments from site visitors, adding widgets, and more.
- Customizable– You can add movement and functionality using “sliders”, “widgets” and “plug-ins”.
- Widgets are drag-and-drop components that can be added to your site’s sidebars, header and footer. Widgets can display a wide variety of text, HTML, photos, polls, announcements, lists and even video.
- Plug-ins are mini-programs that extend WordPress’ functionality, e.g., shopping carts, advanced SEO functionality, enhanced editing, custom fields and more.
- Users & Authors – WordPress has a built-in user registration system that (if you choose) can allow people to leave authenticated comments on your blog.
- You can optionally close comments for non-registered users.
If you are looking for a reliable Website Designer with a proven track record of building, maintaining, and marketing businesses online through the WordPress platform, contact me today to discuss how I can provide practical and efficient support for virtually all your WordPress and marketing needs.
1 as of Fall 2015Contact me today for a quote!